Saturday, May 11, 2013

Krushing the Giro: Stage 8

Hey, everybody, I found a $14,000 bike in the gutter!
By now you know how I feel about TTs. I watched the stage on while cleaning Mr. Beechcroft's cage, so this will be a predictably short post.

I may have been scrubbing hamster poop off plastic tubes, but don't think for a second that I missed Wiggo throwing his Graal around like it was a Dogma.

"Bloody hell, I love throwing bikes about, mate!"
I also caught a peek of Henao and Kelderman riding the TT like it was a breakaway. Tsk tsk, gentlemen...

Elbow flick?
The Colombian Conspiracy
I did some quick math here and figured out that if Uran and Henao would have finished in the front group yesterday (like they should have), Henao would be 2nd in the GC, at 38 seconds form Nibali, and Uran would be 3rd at 1:13. Make of those numbers what you will, but personally, I think Sky threw away a chance to have a 2 or 3 prong attack heading into the big mountains tomorrow.

Tomorrow is gonna rule. I'm cheering for Evans.

Randomness:

- Mario Cipollini mention counter: 3
- Helmet talk counter: 10
- Euskaltel guys on the deck counter: 3 (crazy low, if you ask me)
- Stage winner wearing cycling cap / baseball hat / no hat counter: 0 / 7 / 1 (ridiculous)

1 comment:

  1. effn love watching sir bike tosser throw a hissy.

    shameful way to treat the equipment, however. just shameful.

    ReplyDelete