Friday, June 3, 2011

EPISODE 24 - PUMPKIN ON STILTS

June 3rd, 2011

Click here to subscribe on iTunes
Download this episode (right click and save)

Once again, I welcome guests Mike Spriggs (Gage+Des0to) and Klaus Inquisition (Cycling Inquisition) to discuss the Giro and the upcoming Dauphine. we also talk about cycling magazines and of course, pumpkins on stilts.




TOP 10:
1. Alberto CONTADOR
2. Philipe GILBERT
3. Michele SCARPONI
4. Fabien CANCELLARA
5 . Joaquin RODRIGUEZ
6. Matthew GOSS
7. Tony MARTIN
8. Vincenzo NIBALI
9. Mark CAVENDISH
10. Alessandro PETACCHI


In Memory of Xavi Tondo
(November 5, 1978 – May 23, 2011)

3 comments:

  1. An entertaining podcast, as always, Mr Krusher.

    I'm glad you allowed Mini-Krusher to clear up the Jose Rujano links. Still not sure if I'm convinced though.

    In relation to your discussion on Bicycling magazine and it's position on Lance, Bill Strickland is interviewed in last weeks Flammecast http://www.flammecast.com/a-briefcase-show-but-does-it-hold-johns-fanboy-towel.html

    I'm a fan of Ride Cycling Journal, but I live in Australia, so I guess the references make more sense to me. As for the other magazines which spend more time on race results, by the time they have come out the results have long since been posted on the internet, so they lose a fair bit of their appeal. If you have an interest in mountain biking, Spoke, a Kiwi publication is also really good.

    Looking forward to the Herera profile. He was one of my favourites when I first watched the tour back in '85.

    Finally, as a fan of Sidi shoes, I can honestly say their adverts are terrible, especially the Contador ones when he pumps his chest and stares out the camera. Almost as bad as the new Santini "naked" ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pearl Izumi. I stand corrected.

    The Assos Man is probably worse though. Great clothes, terrible ads.

    ReplyDelete